Search This Blog

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Phase Two Status: COMPLETE

Yes, that's right folks, we're ONE WHOLE PART CLOSER TO THE END OF THE 2012 LeNERD BEDROOM REDESIGNING!!!!! (That's fun to spell)
After a full day at IKEA and Walmart, we have reached our $100 budget for the redesigning. Behold:



 These lovely bed coverings (black mattress cover for the bottom mattress, pink for the top one plus pink sheets, letter-y comforter cover and FUZZY GREEN THROW!!!! Also a crazy big assortment of pillowcases.)....
This utterly amazing colorful lamp...
4 corkboard squares, a calender whiteboard and a magnet board whose pictures refused to turn out...
AND THESE WOOKING AMAZING STAR WARS COLLECTER CARDS!!!!! Yayyy aw!!! We actually got three of these lovely little tins (one for me, one for the Youngling and one to Mod Podge on a wall or something), which each contain a pack of the most memorable ESB scenes and a pack of international Star Wars movie posters, all little-itized onto these cute little cards. The movie posters truly are awesome:
Hungary...
Spain...
Germany...
Japan...
and China.
Plus this cool abstracty USA one. Star Wars, will you never cease to amaze me?
We also painted those mismatchy dressers and attempted to paint the equally mismatchy bookshelves, but only the dressers turned out. They now match the future color of my room (i.e. cottage white) so they will kinda look like built ins, as will the bookshelves once we find good ones at IKEA.
On a separate note, the end of school is now two weeks closer! :D Okay, actually it's not that bad. My teachers, upon further inspection, are all better than mediocre and I found Pony's locker (yay for stalkerism!) with the help of his adoring, ah, fan, Cherry (who is also my friend, so I guess I won't go too in depth with that drama). My utterly least favorite class ever, gym, got actually tolerable this week, too. Since there's only like twelve boys in our gym hour, we switched classes so that it's now two all girl classes and one all guy class. And this is brilliant in every possible way. Having just girls means we have luxuries such as
  • Yoga
  • No football
  • Kickboxing
  • Nature walk (not quite sure what that is...)
HALLELUJAH!!!!
Lastly, my church's Youth Group kicks off tonight with our annual bonfire, which I am attending with Squid, Cherry and my lovely faux leather jacket that, according to the Youngling, makes me look like a Harley Davidson dude. I made some homemade (a.k.a. Bettie Crocker mix) brownies with a gourmet icing (a.k.a powdered sugar dumped in cool little lumps in various places). I'm sure they'll amaze. (Shhh... as far as anyone knows, they're homemade. And also fancy.)

xxKati




2 comments:

  1. Wow - you must have the coolest mom - to help you redesign your room!
    Also, I'm eating your brownies right now - yummy - good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thank you, Mom. Yes, I'm quite proud of my brownie making skills. :D

      Delete

Please comment with your insights (nerdy or otherwise).