Search This Blog

Monday, October 8, 2012

Chomped by the Trojans

AHHHH!!! Weasel!!!!
Actually it's a fisher (I think). Regardless, his name is Shirley and he is on my cabin wall and I love him most dearly. My cabin is extremely outdoors-y (almost cheesily so) and is in an isolated part of an isolated town in an isolated section on Minnesota. The town is one of those small towns that are so small, they don't put the population on their little green welcome sign. But I utterly adore it. I spent the weekend there, and it SNOWED on the way there. Real snow!!!! It's Wooking October!!!

Another great thing about fall? Homecoming. YEAH. I went to our game in the past few weeks with the ever awesome W, who painted her eyebrows and nose white and blue with my face paint. At our high school, there is a large hill that most of the middle schoolers simultaneously gather on to talk and not watch the game, which is what we did. The only downside was that it was windy and the hill's grass has long since been uprooted by middle schooler's feet and was thus VERY dusty. My Vans turned kind of orange. Also, the hill is extremely steep, so (and being me probably did nothing to help this) I fell about 80 times. On the bright side, it was also increasingly easy to push people into other people, which is extremely immature but never gets old. So I spent the first half listening to people and shoving them into others. Then it was half time, and we were losing by 14, and apparently the half time show was extremely cool but I wasn't aware that it was going on, so I don't know if it was. My loving father said that a helicopter could've landed on the field and we wouldn't have noticed. Probably true.
I spent the second half terrorizing talking with Pony and his friends (actually, it ended up being a surprisingly civilized and amusing conversation), who are actually very much hilarious. We ended up losing the game by 14, but I wasn't too upset about that as my cousin plays for the opposing team (the Trojans).
As for our homecoming attire, I think I'll have to add on an "ed by" after the "chomped":
*sigh.*
 
On a totally unrelated note, the Youngling has taken a liking to Andrew Lloyd Webber. I feel my duty as an older sister is complete. A few weeks ago, he was humming something and I told him it sounded like Variations 1-4. Obviously, he didn't know what that was, so I showed him it and he is now obsessed with it. He's borrowing my Andrew Lloyd Webber CD, and I cannot tell you how proud I am when I walk past his room and he's listening to Jesus Christ Superstar or Magical Mister Mistoffelees or the Phantom of the Opera theme. When I was babysitting him a few days ago, I made him watch Joseph and the Amazing Technicolored Dreamcoat, which, although he refuses to admit it, I think he really liked. He thinks Pharaoh's Song and the "block-head dancers" are hilarious, and I found him watching Potiphar on YouTube this morning. And coincidentally, Donny Osmond was on Johnny Bravo this weekend. It was pretty much the funniest thing ever.
 
 
 
May the odds be ever in your favor,
xx Kati

(thanks to playbill.com and armchairactorvist.blogspot.com for pictures)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment with your insights (nerdy or otherwise).