Search This Blog

Monday, October 1, 2012

Happy October

I could seriously not be more excited that it is October.
Yes, September's awesome in its own Septembery ways, but October's just... October.
As October is arguably my favorite month, this post is going to be 100% (you guessed it) Octobery. Here we go.

October got its name from the Roman emperor, Octavian Caesar (also known as Caesar Augustus), and the Latin root "octo", meaning eight. In the Roman calender, October was the eighth month. (Click here for more October history)

Our school's drama club held auditions for the one act play, Council, last week, and believe it or not, I got a part. An admittably small part (6 lines, 1.5 scenes), but a part none the less. My name is Condor. I'm a condor. I did not know what a condor was until I read the script and Googled it. (It's a bird. A bit of an ugly bird, too.) Yeah, it's not the big lead I was hoping for, but I'm still very much psyched to be in it. October is our rehersing month, with the 29th-3rd being tech week, and we open in November. It's a pretty crunched time period, but I think I already know my lines.

Halloween, as I'm sure everyone's aware, is also in October (YES). I adore Halloween. Everything about it is just awesome. Unfortunately I'm getting a bit old to trick or treat, but who cares? For costume options, I kind of had trouble deciding between
The ever awesome Wednesday Addams,
An equally fantabulous flapper girl,
The amazing-beyond-words Dead Bride and

Ruby Gloom. Ruby is the star of my all time favorite, G-rated TV show, Ruby Gloom. I wasn't quite sure if she was really in the running until I saw this amazing picture:
 So. That pretty much narrows it down to the Bride and Ruby. (Please make sure to vote on the second poll with your opinion!)

This October, me, my mom and my grandma are also going to CHICAGO for a few days, which I am utterly thrilled about. I'll keep you posted on that when it comes up.

Lastly, fall is officially here.
Leaves and serious weather changes (it's freaking 40 degrees)? Check.
State fair? Check. 

School and all the, ah, loveliness that comes with it? Check.

One step left. I'll have to go get the Youngling to rake up some leaves for me.

May the Force be ever in your favor,

xx Kati

(Please note that I don't own any of the Halloween pictures. Thanks to Sounds From my Garage for the Wednesday picture, Scavenge Costumes for the flapper girl picture, Laura-Ferreira for the Dead Bride picture, Ruby Gloom wiki for the first Ruby Gloom picture, and LavenderYuki for the second Ruby Gloom picture. All rights to them)



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment with your insights (nerdy or otherwise).